This is not uncommon as many service providers require an initial payment to help them cover the cost of materials and get started. However, we never recommend paying the entire amount upfront. The deposit should not be more than 20% of the overall job price and the service provider should be able to explain what it is being covered (e.g. initial costs).
Articles in this section
- When should I post up a job request?
- How do I post a request?
- What if I’m just looking for a quote?
- Plumbing Works for Homeowners
- Why my Promo Code is not working?
- What is a Promo Code?
- Making changes to job request.
- What do I do after I choose a service provider?
- What is Favourite Location?
- Why am I asked to provide more than one date or a date and time?